Part-Time Administrative Assistant
First Congregational Church of Houston (FCC) is seeking a Part-Time Administrative Assistant. FCC is a dynamic, open and affirming congregation affiliated with the United Church of Christ.
o Welcome all into an inclusive community;
o Seek to follow Jesus’ teachings;
o Search for more truth and light;
o Support one another on our faith journeys;
o Strive for peace and justice.
JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Director of Membership and Administration
HOURS: Part-Time, 20 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 10 AM – 2 PM
PAY SCALE: $20 per hour
The ideal Administrative Assistant will maintain our church’s spirit of empathy and care for one another and for our society, be tech savvy, be a timely communicator, and one who takes meticulous care with administrative and functional details.
- Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of office.
- Assists in maintaining church calendar.
- Answers phone calls and greets visitors.
- Carries out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, sorting mail, scanning etc.
- Assists in creating and maintain filing systems, both electronic and physical.
- Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail. Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Assists Director of Membership and Administration with scheduling volunteers for various assignments.
- Works with Senior Minister, Minister of Music, and DMA to produce weekly e-newsletters and Sunday bulletin
- Edits content on church website as needed.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Google Suite
- Word Press (Preferred)
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Preferred)
- Administrative Writing Skills
- Managing Processes
- Analyzing Information
- Problem Solving
- Supply Management
- Verbal Communication
- High School or equivalent